Wednesday, 2 January 2013

A Numb Beginning

   It's a new year, but it hardly feels that way. I've convinced myself I need a change. Typically that's what I tell myself whenever I no longer care to tolerate the shallow remarks and arguments made by some. I gain nothing by a rebuttal. I appreciate everything I've been given, even those 'friendships' whom cause me more stress than joy. They provide me with valuable insight. For example, they remind me to not be selfish and to think of the feelings of others. They remind me to not belittle my intelligence by engaging in pointless, dramatic arguments. They remind me that people have the ability to be annoying as fuck. In regards to my 'need of a change', I've decided to use the excuse of it being a new year to make some adjustments in my life. I'm sure it will take awhile to notice the results of these efforts. I really don't care how long.
   In less then 12 hours I will board a plane with my friend Tayler Z. bound for New York City. It was her idea to go. She has found herself in a similar situation as I. Tayler (Loo) and I both go to Brock University. We also went to the same highschool, elementary school, and daycare. Over the years we've gone for periods where there was little contact between us. However, we always manage to come crawling back to eachother, eager to tell one another about the creative ways which stupidity has manifested itself in some.
   I realize I must sound pretty miserable and negative. I, like everyone else, do exhibit both these traits sometimes. It goes hand-in-hand with one of the innate flaws of being human - we tend to be helpless little bitches at the mercy of emotion. That being said, I'm rather happy most of the time. I love, love, LOVEE, school. I might be as bold as to say I live for it. I'm currently completing my fourth year of an undergraduate degree in the combined fields of Biology and Earth Science. I've been termed a 'fossil junkie' due to my habit of collecting fossils. I've become quite fond of that nickname, although I was never sure whether it was an insult or compliment. Never-the-less, I thought it was creative.
   Anyways, I've created this blog so that I'll have a record of my thoughts while completing this 'adjustment'. Maybe others will enjoy reading it too.

Next Stop: NYC.

Cait.

No comments:

Post a Comment